Galena v6.0 Now Available!
80% of the capability of SLOPE/W at half the price!
GALENA is a powerful and easy to use slope software system for Stability Analysis, Back Analysis, and Probability Analysis, with using the Bishop, Spencer-Wright and Sarma methods. GALENA solves problems for mining excavations, embankments, cuttings, dams, and foundations. GALENA provides you with a number of unique features to take much of the guesswork out of the natural variability of geological materials while making stability analysis easier than ever.
- GALENA is engineer-friendly software.
- Automatic tension crack generation at the upper end of failure surfaces - a must for Spencer multiple analyses!
- Negative Ru values for Suction heads (negative porewater pressure regimes).
- External Forces to act at any point and angle on the slope, allowing simulation of bolts or inclusion of other forces.
- Distributed Loads to act on any planar part of the slope surface, allowing simulation of vehicle, railway and dragline loads, or overburden loads, including complex loads with varying load values throughout the load profile.
- RMR (Rock Mass Rating) calculation from input data using Bieniawski's method, and calculation of Hoek-Brown and Mohr-Coulomb strength parameters from RMR.
- Calculation of approximated Phi values from SPT 'N' values or Plasticity Index.
- GALENA is the program of choice of the U.S. Government's Office of Surface Mining.